We have had enough inquiries from fellow Realtors, clients, and partners as to what our Coronavirus Protocol is, so we figured we would post the letter that has gone out to our Sellers below:
As the COVID-19 virus continues to dominate the news, we too are determined to come up with a proactive solution to ensure the safety of our own clients. We are firm believers in everyone doing their part to #flattenthecurve. We are watching and planning non-stop. As a profession that spends time inside the homes of our valued clients, we understand that it is our responsibility to play a constructive role in supporting health initiatives. In light of the recent cases in Winnipeg, we have reviewed the Novel Coronavirus Bulletin and our own practice. In light of the bulletin, we are now requesting that any agent your home follow the following protocol:
- View the video of your home online in advance of the viewing (one further step to qualify the buyer in advance)
- To not tour the home if any individuals in the party have traveled abroad within the last 14 days
- To not tour the home if an individual feels unwell
- To not touch anything in your home including the restrooms
- If children are present to please hold their hands during the tour
- To practice good hygiene: ensuring hands are frequently washed and in the absence of such to frequently use hand sanitizer with at least a 60% alcohol base
If we are able to get our hands on hand sanitizer and gloves, we do plan to provide them to anyone touring your home. Stay tuned!
To encourage social distancing initiatives:
- We will be postponing open houses to limit the amount of groups in your home at any given time
- We will no longer allow overlapping showings. We will ensure all showings are staggered.
Similar to the recommendations listed above, we are also asking our team members to stay home when sick and exercise an abundance of caution when visiting your property.
Other important notes: All lawyers, as well as our contacts at the Land Titles offices have indicated they do still intend to process deals and title transfers as usual. Many plan to enact their own social distancing policies which does mean that many will be working remotely. Some lawyers have indicated that they may have paperwork couriered or emailed to their clients in advance so that clients simply need to sign and drop off completed paperwork to limit in-person communication. Some banks have indicated they may need slightly longer for financing approvals as a result of working remotely. Please be prepared to see longer contingency periods on incoming offers.
Thus far, there has not been a significant change in the market. Homes are still being listed daily and buyers are still actively out looking. That being said, we have noticed higher volumes of cancellations for both showings and listing consultations. Only time will tell what the impact on the market will be, if any. But for now we are feeling cautiously optimistic.
Again, we are watching this situation daily and will likely be making continued changes based on emerging instructions. As more information surrounding COVID-19 is made available by local, provincial and national authorities, we will strive to keep you updated on ways to maintain a safe environment within your home.
Above all else: Be kind to each other. We will get through it!
Phone: (204) 797-7945