Why buy with us?
It's simple. We love our buyers.
The buying process is not always clear cut or straight forward. But, if we are the right fit, the process can result not only in you finding the perfect home, but in long-lasting friendships! We like to treat our clients as if they are our family or friends, which is exactly how we would want to be treated if the shoe were on the other foot! The only catch is, service like this comes with brutal honesty, sometimes strong advice (maybe even unsolicited at times), and negotiations as if the money was our own. But this is our formula, and we have used it many times to successfully negotiate for our clients. So trust our experience, research, and well-deserved respect in the industry. Buying a home in Winnipeg does not have to be difficult. We promise!
With several years’ experience of buying and selling in Winnipeg, we’ve been through it all. Whether you are a first time buyer, a family that needs more room, or investment buyer, we will help. Finding and buying the right home is exciting but can also be overwhelming. But buying a house in Winnipeg doesn't have to be so overwhelming. We have simplified the process for you below.
Our Simplified Three (Yes, only three) Steps to Buying a Home in Winnipeg:
- Initial Information. Fill in the form on the Property Search page. Fill in as many details as possible in the comments section in order to ensure we are on the right track. Buying your house in Winnipeg can start as easy as that!
- Assessing your Needs. We listen and make sure we know exactly what you are looking for, so we can find just that. We also assess which member of The Jennifer Queen Team may be best suited to your personality. Next, the fun begins! We set up a time frame to start looking at houses.
- Start the Search. We will set you up on a search that scours the MLS system, for-sale-by owner system, as well as our own exclusive (pocket) listings in Winnipeg. You will receive instant email notifications about any new and current listings that meet your exact requirements (price range, size, location, etc.).
- You select all of the houses that you wish to see. We really do mean ALL of the houses you want to see. They may be on the MLS, listed privately, or even sneak peek (exclusive) listings we have sent you. There is no limit to how many you can see. Your dream home might be the first or 30th house we see. Don't feel bad. This is the process, so please don’t leave anything out.
Let us make ALL of the arrangements. Keep in mind, we are here for YOU. This will likely be the largest purchase of your life, so let us take as much weight off your shoulders as possible by organizing the process. You simply need to look at the houses and decide which one is YOUR house. All you have to do is grab a coffee (and maybe one for us) and meet us at the first house on your list!
- We will never pressure you. We wouldn't be able to sleep at night if we felt we had pushed our clients into a decision they weren't comfortable with. That's just who we are. So rest assured, that you hold the reigns and make the decisions.
- Your schedule is our schedule. We will adapt to fit your schedule, not the other way around.
- Stress management is part of our job. Doubts and worries may creep in, and in the event that it does, we may have to sit down and re-evaluate. There is a reason for everything, and there’s also always an answer.
- Offer time. We found you the home! Now it is time to put pen-to-paper! The first time that we sit down to write the offer, it can take an hour or more, just because there is much to be explained.
- Time to negotiate! This may be a new process to you, but we have negotiated literally hundreds of offers and have developed strong relationships amongst our peers. Together, we will all negotiate the best possible deal (price, conditions, possession, etc.).
- Working through conditions. We want to make sure you are comfortable with your purchase. Want a home inspection? We can recommend someone (unless of course you have someone you would prefer). Need advice on electrical? We will put you in touch with our electrician. Our job is to make sure you are completely comfortable with your purchase, and we do believe that knowledge is power! Just ask us, we can always get you the answers!
- Deal becomes firm! You've worked through your conditions, are comfortable with the purchase, it's time to start packing! Just please remember to send us an invitation for the housewarming party!